Has your relationship with your furnace been a pretty bad one? Or maybe its just now starting to get moody on you? If you really can’t decide whether or not it’s time for a furnace replacement, then…
Here are 4 signs that you need to look at a new unit:
- Some rooms are way too hot or way too cold.
- Inconsistent temperature throughout the home is a sign that your furnace is not able to accommodate your air distribution needs.
- If you are constantly fiddling with the thermostat, that’s an additional sign that you are heading towards replacement
- Your home is always dusty.
- As a furnace ages, its becomes less able to moisturize and clean the air in your home
- The air in your home will feel stale and uncomfortable. Family members may complain of a dry nose, throat or skin.
- Your bills are outrageous but your usage hasn’t changed.
- The older your furnace is, the longer it will have to run to give you that same level of heat year after year.
- Also, if you have neglected your furnace it will not be operating at an optimal level. Without proper continual maintenance, your furnace efficiency level has likely gone WAY down.
- Your unit needs constant repair and parts replacement.
- From time to time, your unit may malfunction and require repair. However, if the repairs start to get too costly AND your unit is of a considerable age (18 years or older) – it’s probably better to consider a replacement over more years of repairs ahead of you.
- If the repairs you are considering are more than a third of the cost of your unit, then replacement is likely the better option.
If you are seeing any of these signs (or a combination of them), then it’s time to look into replacing your furnace. Also, if your furnace is over 18-20 years, it’s definitely an indication your furnace is at retirement age.